Recently appointed Taxation Commissioner, Chris Jordan, is striving to see the ATO reduce red tape for small business owners.
The aims include:
• Providing more targeted, accessible and reliable services to small business owners
• Aiming to reduce the impact of ATO activities on day-to-day business operations and cashflow
• Improving communication channels to facilitate the timely distribution of relevant and accessible information
In line with these aims the ATO has introduced a number of new small business initiatives.
These initiatives include:
• Establishing small business fix it squads. These working groups bring together small business representatives with representatives from all levels of government to consider solutions to small business problems
• Working with small businesses to find solutions to debt. The ATO is encouraging small businesses to contact them if they have a tax debt, and providing assurance that they will seek to implement manageable solutions
• Setting up a small business newsroom on the ATO website that centralises relevant information, allows people to set up notifications, add tax dates to their own calendars and share articles with each other.
We have a team of dedicated accountants on hand to help with any questions you may have in relation to your small business and how we can help you.
Call (02) 4926 2300 or email us.
Leenane Templeton are here to help you and your small business so give us a call today!